Monday, January 27, 2014

Lending a Hand

Recently I was asked to mentor a High School Student in Oil Painting for her Senior project. Although I have so much work to do and this caught me completely off guard, I didn't hesitate one bit. It's an honor to be helping someone with such an important project. I love being able to share my knowledge. I've already been asked to teach a few times which is another honor in itself, but for now, I plan to paint for many years to come, and maybe, just maybe, one day, I will do some teaching.  One of the many important things I've learned in my life, you never know what tomorrow brings.

Here are some pictures from our first session yesterday. I thought we would just be doing one painting, but I think we are actually going to be able to complete two. We will share our final works with you.



I'm really enjoying my time with this sweet student and having fun teaching her the basics. We are using a reference photo from a Wet Canvas member James Baldwin. Tune in for our finished paintings and we will see how I did teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment