Caring for your painting is pretty easy. It has a varnish on it that will help protect it from dust, dirt, sun damage and elements. However, do try to avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Dust your painting as needed with a soft dry
cloth. Never use cleaners, furniture polish or any other chemicals
on your painting.
- Your painting will take 6 months to 1 year to
dry. There are debates that it could take longer, but this is the
standard amount of time, so let your painting breathe. Do not cover
- If you will be moving or need to store your
painting, Loosely cover the painting with release paper. Glassine or
wax paper is okay if you are not in a warm, humid climate. Wrap with
bubble wrap and store in a box marked fragile. Do not pile heavy
objects on top.
- Avoid direct sunlight that can cause cracking and fading.
- If your original painting is damaged by smoke,
fire or water, it could be restored. See a professional art
restoration company for an evaluation.
- Protect your painting from water. If it should
come in contact with water. Dry immediately with a soft dry cloth.
Written by Tina A Stoffel